Loaram Constructions is risk averse. This choice is made for our own benefit, as well as that of our clients. The Loaram approach has resulted in a faultless OH&S history, with no lost time due to injury, from inception.
From inception, Loaram has been a Member of the Master Builders Association of Victoria. In his role of Managing Director, Rohan King has been a Member of both the Australian Institute of Management and the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Beyond satisfying statutory WorkCover requirements and standard contract terms, Loaram Constructions chooses to lift the bar:
- Loaram Constructions maintains a Public and Products Liability policy of $20M value. As required, we have the capacity to lift this policy to $50M.
- Loaram maintains a Professional Indemnity policy of $10M value.
- We have implemented a custom Management Liability Policy bringing industry best practice protection supporting management behaviour and decisions.
- Loaram chooses to retain a Building Defects Liability Policy, regardless of this requirement becoming redundant as part of maintaining a Commercial Builders licence from 2015.
From the very beginning of the project until its completion, I found Rohan King, his Project Manager, staff and tradesmen to be absolutely professional, committed to what they were doing, and extremely accommodating of the needs of our school whilst construction was taking place. It would be fair to say nothing was too much trouble for them. The finished project was excellent, and we are still getting many positive reactions and compliments as people see the refurbishments for the first time.
At site level, Loaram Constructions maintains the highest level of risk management including:
- Preparing project specific site OH&S and quality management plans.
- Dedicating an experienced site supervisor for the duration of each project.
- Facilitating regular site delivery meetings attended by one, if not both, directors at all times.